SCDOC Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a question to drop down to the answer.
- 1. Mailing Address
- 2. Can I mail a care package to an inmate?
- 3. How do I place money on an inmate’s account?
- 4. How do I sign up for a visit?
- 5. I am interested in a job as a corrections officer, what do I need to do?
- 6. I have a question that isn’t listed, how do I contact the jail?
- Mailing Address
You may write to inmates at the following address:
C/O Strafford County HOC
266 County Farm Rd
Dover, NH 03820
We do not accept greeting cards, drawings or letters with stickers on them.
- Can I mail a care package to an inmate?
We do not accept care packages. Books may be mailed directly from the publisher, distributor or clearinghouse directly to the Programs Department. All books become the property of the HOC but the inmate who they are sent in for will be given first read of the books. Please make sure the intended recipient is referenced on the invoice.
- How do I place money on an inmate’s account?
You may do it in person, through the cash kiosk in the Bail/Release Lobby, through a money order mailed to the facility or with a credit card on line through www.offenderconnect.com; a fee will be charged for the cash kiosk or an on line deposit. Money orders should be made payable to Strafford County Commissary with the inmate’s name in the ‘Memo’ section.
- How do I sign up for a visit?
- Inmates are responsible for signing up for visiting times; it is the inmate’s responsibility to notify you of the visiting time. In order to be placed on the visiting list, the inmate must have your full name, address and date of birth. If you would like to check to see if the visit is scheduled, you may call the jail at (603) 742-3310 after 8AM the day of the visit to check; you may also check to make sure you are on the visiting list at that time. For a full list of visiting rules, including dress code, please click here.
- I am interested in a job as a corrections officer, what do I need to do?
- For a complete list of job requirements and to download an application, click here. You may also pick up an application at the Reception desk between 8 AM and 8PM.
- I have a question that isn’t listed, how do I contact the jail?
- You may call the jail 24 hours a day at (603)742-3310 or email the facility by clicking here.